Thursday, April 30, 2009

Water Meditation

I am a lake.

I sit here molding myself to my bed, adapting to every nook. Around me the birds are singing, animals running, and people striving everywhere, but I am calm, just sitting and existing.

A child comes, throwing pebbles out of curiosity. An adult, larger rocks in anger. They splash, create some ripples, but soon I am again at peace, having grown a little larger for having the rocks in my bed.

The wind blows, a mighty torrent, and my surface is rocked with turmoil. Life is like that sometimes. But underneath I am calm, tranquil, sitting in my bed, and sheltering the fish and other beings within my reach.

I am a lake.


Thank you to Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn for the meditation idea.

Liked this? Looking for more like this? You might like
Or subscribe by RSS using the links on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment